Wednesday, April 1, 2009

under the sea...











This project was so much fun for me! I had a great time xeroxing parts of my body, my best friend and I were cracking up when I pressed my boobs and g-string on the xerox machine. I xeroxed different parts of my body and when I laid it all out it resembled a mermaid. When I first heard of this project, I wanted to transform myself into something, and since I have always been obsessed with Ariel, I loved the idea of the mermaid.
I also xeroxed objects that were very important to me; my Blackberry<3, camera, Ray Ban Aviators, fake IDs, my religious good luck bracelet. I also used my car keys as my hair because it is wild and eccentric like me!! I used seashells as my bra to look more like a mermaid as well.
I tried my hardest to make this a different and artistic art piece..hope you guys liked it...Comment please :)
alyssaaanneee*

11 Comments:

At April 1, 2009 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Ichi said...

I liked your mermaid a lot, even how you scanned images of items you all ways carry with you and items close to you. Even by scanning parts of yourself I'm sure you got odd looks for, was truly worth it you get a great sense of your personality how you composed the imagery. Not just the composition of the mermaid, but how you created the tail its self really makes the imagery. Really nice work.

 
At April 1, 2009 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Jayne Corso said...

I like that you made yourself into a mermaid. I also liked how used a lot of personal objects.

 
At April 1, 2009 at 11:34 PM , Blogger Peyton said...

I love how you really used the different elements of yourself to create your project. Your love for mermaids, and the different objects that are closest to you really demonstrate who you are through your art. I also loved the size of your project. Great job!

 
At April 2, 2009 at 2:05 PM , Blogger MSP215 said...

using the different xeroxes to create a whole new mermaid body was awesome. The size of the project really made it stand out. Very cool

 
At April 3, 2009 at 12:02 PM , Blogger kassieloo said...

I loved your idea of a mermaid! I really thought it was creative and a fantastic use of both your body and the stuff in your pockets! Good job!

 
At April 5, 2009 at 2:58 PM , Blogger bozo said...

Hey Alyssa, I loved your mermaid. I like that you incorporated personal items that are very important to you and made it this cool collage out of it. I also like the idea that your mermaid represented You as Ariel. Nice transformation.

 
At April 6, 2009 at 2:16 PM , Blogger ~*~Rebekah~*~ said...

This was amazing and definitely one of my favorites. I really like how you made yourself into a mermaid using you and your things.

 
At April 8, 2009 at 11:38 AM , Blogger DaniellaMaria said...

You're the prettiest mermaid <3 lol I seriously love this, and I love the size of it. It really looks amazing and the size of it makes it that much more wonderful. Its awesome that you created a design from your parts.

 
At April 20, 2009 at 1:24 AM , Blogger Rob Mainelli said...

i really liked that your's took the shape of something you loved... you did a great job

 
At May 7, 2009 at 9:23 PM , Blogger jmoon007 said...

this was one of my favorites! it was such a good idea and it was so unique how you maid yourself into a mermaind, that was awesome!

 
At May 10, 2009 at 8:03 PM , Blogger Dan Casey said...

i thought your xerox project was really awesome, great use idea with the mermaid and i like how its life size.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home