Tuesday, February 10, 2009

clockwork crazy

I did not want this class to end today. We watched every SINGLE one of my favorite movies. My mom is absolutely obsessed with Gene Kelly...so of course i watched Singin' in the Rain 500 times before. I actually saw Gone with the Wind for the first time this winter break, because my mom was shocked that I never saw it before. The Birds was the first scary movie I saw when I was little and of course I was scared to go outside and be attacked by birds for a little while. hahaha childhood traumatic memories. Last but not least, A Clockwork Orange is hands down one of my favorite films. I read the book in high school and became obsessed with story ever since. I was so glad we got to watch these historic films in class today. Just seeing how much technology changed in films, from overlapping scenes, to dubbing music, to color, 3-D, and the crazy Odorama. This class has opened my eyes to the movie world that I never saw.

It shocked me watching Gene Kelly perform "Singin' in the Rain" in the 1950's being extremely happy and just loving life to Alex beating up a married couple and singing "Singin' in the Rain" in the 1970's. What a major transition. This just shows how much changes over the course of 20 years. Drugs definitely turned people crazy and made them psychotic enough to want to hurt and beat people. It is just amazing how drugs alter a person's personality and makes them a completely different person once they are on them. On the other hand, it does show how Singin' in the Rain was a great part of history that everyone will know and love.

see u thursday!

always, alyssa*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home