Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Classes last week


Obviously with last weekend, I had many things to do...school work and regular work. I need to catch up on my blog!


Last week when we were watching Broadways in class I could not help but sing along to most of the songs! I was brought up a Broadway freak and continue to go twice a year. I started seeing plays since i was four years old. Of course my first play was Beauty and the Beast and after the play was over I yelled at my mom to play it again because I thought it was like a VHS tape and you can just rewind it and play it over and over. Silly young me lol.


My mom is obsessed with plays and I am so blessed that she brought that lifestyle to me. I live in New Jersey only 20 minutes away from the city so it is way to easy to see plays all the time. This winter break I just saw the newly released Shrek on Broadway which was adorable and funny just like the movie. I LOVEEEE The Little Mermaid and Wicked! The latest play to come out on Broadway I believe in March is West Side Story. I am a West Side Story fanatic...I've never cried so much during a movie and of course my mom already bought us tickets for the first weekend I am home for the summer, I'll be sure to post a blog about the amazing experience.


Another funny story is that I was sitting around doing a paper last week and I heard from my my common room television the song "Habanera" from the opera Carmen on a commercial. I instantly ran from my bedroom and realized that it was on a pizza delivery commercial. I started laughing and it clicked in my head how many times they use famous opera songs on t.v. and commercials. I haven't fully noticed until now!


always, alyssa*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home