Sunday, February 22, 2009

Electrifying

I enjoyed every presentation that we watched at Electronics Alive. Each artist had just different styles and themes and I really liked them all.

Cynthia Lawson -
I really enjoyed Cynthia's photography and artwork. She is very talented and uses technology in her art. The art that truly captured me was where she took multiple pictures of a scene and combine them all into one. The overall appearance of how much movement takes place within minutes is amazing and the overlapping of the pictures turned the photos into masterpieces. I was very touched by her visit to Guatemala. This just showed how Guatemala does not use technology and it was touching that Cynthia taught them how to send e-mails. It was also impressive how they make those beadings so much and Cynthia specifically told us that when she went to make one it took a very long time. I am very happy that I was able to see Cynthia's work.

Bruce Wands -
I enjoyed his performance in the gallery because he started off by teaching us how art has evolved over time. I also enjoyed that he did not just show us his artwork. He included the work from many prestigious artists, and they were all beautiful and different in many ways. I really liked how Bruce seemed interested in inspiring us to become artists and show that there are all different forms of art that we can make. Bruce's Buddha Light Paintings, was absolutely stunning and I love how he showed us how he made it digitally.

Christina Hung -
All I can say is WOW! Christina's work absolutely amazed me. I loved her political and artistic statements that she portrays in her work. To think that she makes such unique art pieces out of bacteria and dye. I also loved that she showed us how the bacteria grew over days and weeks and how different it looked and how quickly it grew. You can absolutely tell that Christina loved experimenting with her work and she will continue producing such stunning pieces.

Each artist has touced me in a different way.

ttyl, alyssa*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home