Wednesday, April 22, 2009

old technology can make art





I went home the weekend before our performance art pieces and I realized all of the money I wasted on over 6 broken cameras, 2 broken iPods, 4 cell phones, and other technological items. Considering my parents and brother all work with computers, I was raised around technology and have been obsessed with the newest gadgets since.

So my performance was to prove that even if people view these old gadgets as worthless... you can still turn it into art. I took a Jackson Pollock approach, and did a splatter painting. But with one catch, I used neon paint and blacklights for a more psychedelic affect.

I had SOO much fun just making a mess and using the gadgets to transform a black sheet into a beautiful art piece. I also loved that Santiago showed me that the actual art piece was the gadgets covered in paint on the white tarps I put down. Everyone in the class did a great job and it was a fun day of performances!!

xoxo alyssa

4 Comments:

At April 23, 2009 at 1:30 PM , Blogger kassieloo said...

Wow, this was incredible! I loved the different colors in the piece. They were so vibrant and different. My favorite part of your piece was seeing the relationship between the paint and the technology. Just like the paint fading when the black light was not on it... the technology fades when the light is no longer shining on it, or when something new comes along! Great work.

 
At May 5, 2009 at 7:08 PM , Blogger bozo said...

Alyssa your piece was amazing. I love the colors, idea, everythingggggggggggg. It was so creative and different than anyone else's. You did a great job.

 
At May 7, 2009 at 9:25 PM , Blogger jmoon007 said...

this was so awesome! the colors turned out great and the whole idea was just amazing! i don't know where you came up with the idea, but it was perfect! absolutely cool, great job!

 
At May 10, 2009 at 8:02 PM , Blogger Dan Casey said...

i thought your video art project was really cool, i like the use of the paint and technology, i swear i didn't mean to copy you, cause ours is a little similar. and i really like the black lights.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home